广州龙凤网 Tag Archive
Patrick Mahomes contract: Chiefs sign QB to 10-year extension, reportedly the richest in sports history
There’s no quarterback like Patrick Mahomes, and now there’s no contract like his, either.The Kansas City signal-caller, fresh off a miraculous Super Bowl run and a year removed from being named NFL MVP, has agreed to a 10-year contract extension with the club. The deal was first reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter. We have signed QB Patrick Mahomes to a 10 year extension. Mahomes secured with Chiefs for the next 12 seasons. pic.twitter.com/ZsADdVkvxZ— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) July 6, 2020Here to stay. . .! ⏰⏰ pic.twitter.com/mfwMga3Kl0— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) July 6, 2020The sides had a mutual desire to get a long-term deal done, and they expressed it after the Chiefs exercised the fifth-year option on Mahomes’ rookie contract last April. The option for the 2021 season was worth an estimated $25 million.MORE: Here are the NFL’s highest-paid quarterbacksIn two years as Kansas City’s No. 1 signal-caller, the Texas Tech product has thrown 76 touchdowns, including a rookie-record 50 in his first full season in 2018. Mahomes missed time in 2019 with an injured knee but still threw 26 touchdowns to just five interceptions, and Kansas city was 11-3 in games he started. Chiefs and QB Patrick Mahomes have reached agreement on a 10-year — 10-year! — contract extension that ties him to Kansas City through the 2031 season, league sources tell ESPN.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 6, 2020The pact reportedly is worth a maximum of $503 million, which would make this the richest contract in North American sports history in terms of overall dollars. Mike Trout’s 12-year, $426 million extension with MLB’s Los Angeles Angels had led the list. The #Chiefs and QB Patrick Mahomes have agreed to terms on a 10-year extension worth $503 million, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. He gets $477M in guarantee mechanisms and gives the ability for Mahomes to have outs if the guarantee mechanisms aren’t exercised. No trade clause— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 6, 2020Final Patrick Mahomes’ deal:10-year extension worth up to $503 million.It includes $477 in guarantee mechanisms and the ability for Mahomes to have outs if guarantee mechanisms aren’t exercised.Mahomes was represented on the deal by @chriscabott and @leighsteinberg.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 6, 2020ProFootballTalk.com reported Mahomes’ contract breaks down this way:$10 million signing bonus.$124.7 million in base salaries.$337.2 million in roster bonuses.$5.6 million in workout bonuses.$25 million in incentives.Now that KC has announced the agreement, Mahomes is in a position to stay in a Chiefs uniform for the next 12 years.
DES MOINES — A group of Iowans with profound spinal injuries is urging legislators to make changes in Medicaid benefits that help them navigate life while confined to a wheelchair. Michele Meadors of Des Moines said the switch to private management of Medicaid in 2016 has forced some wheelchair-bound Iowans into a long-term care facility.“I pray it never happens to you, but if it does, you’d better thank one of us for paving the way to make sure your life is worth living,” Meadors said during a news conference at the capitol.Jen Wolff of Waverly is another of the more than 300 members of the Iowa chapter of the United Spinal Association.“I think it’s time legislators see people with disabilities not as a sick person, not as a person who’s home-bound or wheelchair-bound, not somebody who’s a drain on the system, but people who want to give back to the state of Iowa,” Wolff said during the news conference.Tucker Cassidy is a quadriplegic from Waterloo who was featured in one of the campaign ads Democratic candidate for governor Fred Hubbell ran last year. Cassidy said he still has trouble arranging daily care through the private company that manages his Medicaid benefits.“If I can’t get out of bed in the morning, how am I supposed to do anything, let alone work?” Cassidy asked.According to the latest data from the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 60,000 Iowans have a disability that makes it difficult to perform “self-care activities” like showering or dressing.
31 August 2012South African households’ vulnerability to hunger has declined in the past 10 years, from 23.8% in 2002 to 11.5% in 2011, Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) reports in its latest General Household Survey, released in Pretoria on Thursday.The report looks at South African households’ access to food and their participation in agricultural production.Stats SA said the figure was still higher than the 10.5% recorded in 2007 before the advent of the global financial crisis.“Despite large declines in the vulnerability to hunger of South African households over the past decade, from 23.8% in 2002 to 11.5% in 2011, a large percentage of households (21.1%) continue to experience difficulty in accessing food,” the report stated.Inadequate access to food is particularly high in the North West province at 32.9% and Northern Cape at 29.7%. Households in Limpopo reported better access to food than any other province.The report also confirmed that poor households that receive social grants are less likely to experience inadequate access to food.Agriculture as a means of accessing foodHouseholds in urban areas that are experiencing inadequate access to food are more likely to participate in agriculture than those with adequate access, the survey showed.“Less than a quarter of households in South Africa are involved in agriculture, including doing agriculture as a hobby.“Nationally, more than 84% of households that are engaged in agriculture do so to produce extra food for the household while only 4.2% of households use agriculture to produce the majority of their food.”The report showed that 62.6% of South African households receive salaries or wages.It also showed that 56.6% of South African households receive salaries and wages as the main source of income while 22.3% list social grants as the main source of income.“Social grants are the main source of income for 37.9% of households in Eastern Cape and 33.8% of households in Limpopo,” the report states.Although South Africa has largely maintained its ability to meet national food requirements and to provide food in sufficient quantities and of appropriate quality to consumers, large scale inequality and poverty mean that many households do not enjoy food security or adequate access to food.“Many households live in a state of chronic poverty and find it difficult to deal with shocks such as unemployment and natural disasters,” noted the report.Source: SANews.gov.za
A Working Mission from Burkina Faso, led by the First Lady of the West African country, Her Excellency Chantal Compaoré, arrived at the Norman Manley International Airport on June 24, 2013 for a six-day working visit. Story Highlights Mrs. Compaoré will depart the island on Saturday, June 29. The purpose of the mission is to learn about Jamaica’s experience in preventing adolescent pregnancies and supporting adolescent mothers. A Working Mission from Burkina Faso, led by the First Lady of the West African country, Her Excellency Chantal Compaoré, arrived at the Norman Manley International Airport on June 24, 2013 for a six-day working visit.They were met on arrival by Minister with responsibility for Information, Senator the Hon. Sandrea Falconer, and other officials from the Office of the Prime Minister and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), which is spearheading the initiative.The purpose of the mission is to learn about Jamaica’s experience in preventing adolescent pregnancies and supporting adolescent mothers.The First Lady is accompanied by Minister of Women Promotion and Gender, Nestorine Sangare and Head of Capacity Building, Ministry of Women Promotion and Gender, Koudraogo Kabore.On Tuesday, June 25, the First Lady will call on the Information Minister and also participate in a study/tour of the Women’s Centre of Jamaica Foundation. In the afternoon, she will meet with officials from the Ministry of Health.On Wednesday, June 26, the First Lady will visit the Haile Selassie High School. In the afternoon she will be involved in a small working lunch meeting with key gender leaders and University of the West Indies academia and will also meet with officials from the Ministry of Education.Later in the evening, Mrs. Compaoré will attend a cocktail reception hosted by the UNFPA, at Devon House.While here, the First Lady will call on Their Excellencies, Governor-General, the Most Hon. Sir Patrick Allen and Lady Allen, and Prime Minister the Most Hon. Portia Simpson Miller.They will also visit the Bob Marley Museum, the National Gallery, Dolphin Cove and Dunn’s River Falls.Early pregnancy in schools is a major concern for the persons in charge of the promotion and protection of young people and adolescent rights.In Burkina Faso, recent studies show that adolescent girls and young women are the first victims of unwanted pregnancies and illegal/unsafe abortions, along with all the risks and consequences they cause.Jamaica is supported by the UNFPA to protect and promote the rights of adolescents and young people towards responsible sexuality and access to high quality reproduction health services. In this country, teenage pregnancies are also an issue of concern.Innovative as well as relevant strategies are underway to overcome the problem. The achieved results need to be shared with countries that are experiencing the same situation.That is why the UNFPA Country Office of Burkina Faso supported the Government to arrange a field visit to Jamaica, to learn more about this experience in order to adopt and replicate it in Burkina Faso.Mrs. Compaoré will depart the island on Saturday, June 29.
The objectives are to provide a safe space for children during the summer period and to act as a preventative measure for unattached youth; improve literacy and numeracy and reduce learning loss by reinforcement of the curriculum during the summer months. Of the total funding, $7.7 million will go towards camps in five police divisions and the two Zones of Special Operation (ZOSO) in Mount Salem, St. James and Denham Town, Kingston. Story Highlights A total of 2,500 children and young people from communities across the island are slated to benefit from a series of summer camps being staged by the Jamaica Social Investment Fund (JSIF) at a cost of $38.4 million. A total of 2,500 children and young people from communities across the island are slated to benefit from a series of summer camps being staged by the Jamaica Social Investment Fund (JSIF) at a cost of $38.4 million.The 36 camps, which got under way on July 1 and will run until August 31, involve collaboration with the Ministry of National Security, Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF), community-based organisations (CBOs) and non-governmental organisations (NGOs).Areas of training include the performing arts and entertainment; film-making and photography; environmental management; sports, behaviour modification; science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), among others.The objectives are to provide a safe space for children during the summer period and to act as a preventative measure for unattached youth; improve literacy and numeracy and reduce learning loss by reinforcement of the curriculum during the summer months.The camps also aim to provide an avenue to broaden the experiences of children through exposure to new activities and environments; provide opportunity for positive behaviour change in the long-term; and build character, confidence and skills.Some 360 persons will gain short-term employment under the initiative.A release from the JSIF said the summer camps target children and youth aged six to 24 who live in the 18 communities that fall under its World Bank-funded Integrated Community Development Project (ICDP).These are Hannah Town, Denham Town, Tivoli Gardens, Majesty Gardens, Wilton Gardens/Rema, Rose Town, Maxfield Park and Greenwich Town in Kingston and St. Andrew; Treadlight, York Town, and Canaan Heights in Clarendon; Steer Town in St. Ann; Ellerslie Gardens in St. Catherine; Retirement, Anchovy, Barrett Town, Granville in St. James; and Russia in Westmoreland will benefit from the undertaking.Of the total funding, $7.7 million will go towards camps in five police divisions and the two Zones of Special Operation (ZOSO) in Mount Salem, St. James and Denham Town, Kingston.The ICDP aims to promote public safety transformation through the provision of basic infrastructure and social services to 18 communities in the parishes of Kingston and St. Andrew, St. Catherine, Clarendon, St. James, St. Ann and Westmoreland.The project commenced in May 2014 and will continue until May 2020.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp TCI: Judge rules there is ‘a case’; all nine defendants will go to trial in September Beaches puts former Premier on blast about controversial pier Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 08 Sept 2015 – A hot topic in the headlines today, members of the public turned up for a Public Press Conference on Monday evening at the Gus Lightbourne Sports Complex. It was an opportunity for residents to speak their minds, openly, and hear the government’s views on matters of national interest.Many turned up to listen and pose questions about the government’s take on the UK’s appropriation of an additional $2.2 million dollars for the Special Investigation Prosecution Team – in light of reported “credible threats” against the investigating team.The agenda also included UK’s refusal of the House of Assembly recommendations for Constitutional Review, the controversial immigration Bill 2015. It’s no secret that the TCI government has been questioning the future of TCI’s relationship with the UK in light of recent decisions against the government’s wishes.The meeting was hosted by Premier Hon. Rufus Ewing and members of his cabinet. We’ll have reactions from that Public Press Conference in our subsequent report. Related Items:gus lightbourne gym, immigration bill, premier rufus ewing, public congerence, Sipt Recommended for you Science Fair open to public viewing by noon
Magazines often get a bad rap when it comes to integrating Web 2.0 ideas into their daily editorial routines, but most publishers have embraced “crowdsourcing” as a research tool. It’s become common for editors to ask their readers for help while researching stories (Wired’s editors, for instance, often blog about stories they are writing).BusinessWeek is taking that tact a mini-step further, asking online readers to submit story ideas they’d like to see reported out. BW editors say they will sort through the suggestions and assign at least one idea a week to its writers. So writes John Byrne:As Editor-in-Chief of BusinessWeek.com, I’ll respond to your suggestions just as I do to my own reporters. “Tom, that’s a brilliant and original idea with importance significance to our readers.” Or, “Frank, I’ve read that story a hundred times. What can you possibly add that’s new?” Whether it’s for research or full-on story pitches, this is something that editors should do more often. Not only is it an easy way to interact directly with readers, it can be a valuable source of information that can help in crafting stories—both now and in the future.In fact, FOLIO: took a step in that direction today. On FOLIO:’s professional networking site MediaPRO, I asked for feedback on a story I’m working on. I’m hoping members—from consumer to b-to-b—will share their feedback and even some story ideas.Take a look and leave us a message!