419SH龙凤 Tag Archive
Russian club Rubin Kazan have been handed a one-year ban from UEFA competition for breaking Financial Fair Play (FFP) rule.Europe’s soccer governing body said in a statement the ban would come into effect if Rubin Kazan qualified for European competition in the next two seasons.”The club is excluded from participating in the next UEFA club competition for which it would otherwise qualify in the next two (2) seasons,” UEFA said.UEFA introduced FFP rules to try to prevent rich club owners from buying success by pumping unlimited funds into clubs.Under the rules, clubs are barred from spending more than their generated revenue.Clubs who break the rules generally reach so-called settlement agreements with UEFA, where they accept restrictions on transfers and squad size for a given number of seasons.UEFA said the decision to ban Rubin Kazan was made “due to breach of the Settlement Agreement” but did not give any further details.The club said it could appeal against the ban.”This decision can be appealed at the Court of Arbitration for Sport,” the club said in a statement. “Rubin is currently assessing the possibility and expediency of such an appeal.”(With inputs from Reuters)
On Saturday night, in the T-Mobile Arena on the Las Vegas Strip, Floyd Mayweather will defeat Conor McGregor. The great old pro will dismantle the MMA vet turned boxing newcomer, securing a 50-0-0 record that will stand alone in boxing’s record books. McGregor will be outpaced, outclassed and, most simply, outboxed. Mayweather will win — every expert says so.Unless, of course, he doesn’t.Odds on this spectacle, even farce, of a fight opened heavily in Mayweather’s favor. In November, he was a -2250 favorite, roughly implying a 96 percent chance of victory. By mid-August, the money line had narrowed to -400, or about an 80 percent chance. The money has continued to pour in for McGregor. Many bettors, it seems, believe in the Irishman’s puncher’s chance.But maybe it’s not even a punch that’ll end it. As one of us has suggested elsewhere, Mayweather’s best chance of losing may be suffering a pulmonary embolism or a brain aneurysm; drowning in his spit bucket or tripping on the way to the ring. Perhaps one of the fighters will do something untoward in the ring. One sportsbook is offering 9-to-1 odds that the fight ends in disqualification. Which makes sense, considering one of the boxers is barely even a boxer — and the chance of an errant kick is so high that it was considered in prefight negotiation.Strange things happen in boxing. This is the sport where a parachutist later called Fan Man crashed into the ropes during a heavyweight championship fight, after all. And if something strange does happen, it won’t stand alone in the history books. It will join the ignominious ranks of …Wolgast vs. RiversJuly 4, 1912Ad Wolgast defeated Joe Rivers via a 13th-round knockout in Los Angeles County. Perhaps the inspiration for “Rocky II,” this grudge match featured both fighters landing simultaneous knockout blows, then crumpling to the canvas. The referee reached the count of 10 and the bout was over, yet for some inexplicable reason he gave the victory to Wolgast on the basis that he had attempted to rise before being counted out. Compounding the confusion, the timekeeper at ringside had only reached a count of four. The referee’s verdict was upheld amid immense backlash, as Rivers’s camp claimed he had been fouled. They famously produced a considerably dented metal foul protector as evidence for their case, which made headlines across the country.Dempsey vs. SharkeyJuly 21, 1927The fight, held at Yankee Stadium, between Jack Dempsey and Jack Sharkey, guaranteed the victor a shot at the greatest title in sports, then worn by world heavyweight champion Gene Tunney. A crowd of over 82,000 was in attendance to watch the former champ, 32-year-old Dempsey, in his second-to-last fight, square off against 7-to-5 favorite Sharkey in the hopes of avenging his previous loss to Tunney. It was clear by the early rounds that all 82,000 fans and press row were watching Dempsey grow old over the night. Sharkey was handily beating his professed idol when, in the seventh round, Dempsey landed a slew of low blows. When Sharkey protested to the referee, Dempsey delivered a vicious left hook to the chin while Sharkey was mid-sentence. Sharkey did not finish his sentence; Dempsey won by knockout. He later fondly remembered the punch as, “one of the last good punches of my life … His chin was sticking out there, unprotected. I couldn’t miss.”Sharkey vs. SchmelingJune 12, 1930With heavyweight champion Tunney having recently retired and vacated his title, promoters scrambled to bring Germany’s Max Schmeling and the New York-born Sharkey in front of a packed Yankee Stadium to fill the void left in Tunney’s wake. Despite winning the first few rounds, Sharkey made a strange decision in the fourth when he abruptly teed off on Schmeling’s groin with a savage blow that dropped the German contender. Bedlam ensued, prompted by Schmeling’s manager storming the ring in protest. The referee disqualified Sharkey and raised the hand of Schmeling. It was the first time the heavyweight championship had been won on a foul. Schmeling became ignominiously known in the American press as the “low-blow champion.”Ali vs. ListonMay 25, 1965Muhammad Ali had been a 7-to-1 underdog when he stole Sonny Liston’s crown in 1964 — a strange match in itself that included Ali being temporarily blinded by a foreign substance allegedly from Liston’s gloves and ended with Liston refusing to come out for the seventh round. In the time between the February 1964 match and the rematch in May of 1965, Ali converted to Islam, changed his name from Cassius Clay to Muhammad Ali and his friend Malcolm X was assassinated. It would be an understatement to say that the rematch swirled with controversy. Ahead of the rematch, Liston was considered a 13-to-5 favorite. Midway through the first round of the fight, a looping right hand later dubbed a “phantom punch,” crumpled Liston to the canvas while Ali danced around the ring. The crowd began to roar, “Fix! Fix!” Hall of Fame commentator Don Dunphy didn’t buy that it was a legitimate knockdown, stating, “If that was a punch, I’ll eat it. Here was a guy who was in prison and the guards used to beat him over the head with clubs and couldn’t knock him down.”Duran vs. LeonardNov. 25, 1980Only five months after handing superstar “Sugar” Ray Leonard his first humiliating loss and taking his title in Montreal, Roberto “Hands of Stone” Duran returned to meet Leonard at the New Orleans Superdome for one of the most eagerly anticipated rematches in boxing history. Duran had eaten everything in sight after his victory in June and ballooned up almost to the class of a heavyweight before crash dieting and horrifically sweating his way back down to the welterweight limit of 147 pounds. Leonard had counted on this when he pushed to have the rematch as quickly as possible. After being humiliated for eight exhausting rounds, Duran finally gave up and —or so the popular story goes — uttered “no más” to referee Octavio Meyran. Duran followed up the shocking conclusion to the fight by announcing his retirement from the sport. (He’d return to the ring less than a year later.)Bowe vs. GolotaJuly 11, 1996Riddick Bowe was coming off a victory in the third match of his blood-feud trilogy with Evander Holyfield when he squared off against undefeated contender Andrew Golota in Madison Square Garden. Bowe had mostly refused to train for the fight on the basis of his public dismissal of Golota as a “bum.” Golota took control of the fight, but his biggest obstacle to victory became his devotion to excessively fouling Bowe with egregious, swung-shovel-like low blows. After repeated warnings failed to improve Golota’s accuracy, the referee began deducting points. He took three away before offering a final warning that a further low blow would cost Golota the fight. Golota continued to dominate the fight while unleashing perhaps his most sadistic barrage below the belt one final time with 30 seconds left in the seventh round. A massive riot ensued, and police, security and fans clashed in what would be remembered as the “Riot at the Garden.” Five months later, in Atlantic City, Bowe and Golota fought a hotly anticipated rematch. Golota repeated his domination of Bowe and his desire to ruthlessly foul him, leading to a ninth-round disqualification.Lewis vs. McCallFeb. 7, 1997Oliver McCall, for most of his career a distinguished journeyman, was best known as Mike Tyson’s sparring partner before handing heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis his first professional loss in a shocking upset in September 1994. Their rematch more than two years later was arguably the most bizarre heavyweight title fight; by the end of the third round, fans no doubt knew they were witnessing something nobody could have predicted. Before the closing bell to end the round, McCall had dropped his hands and looked despondent. When he came out for the fourth and fifth rounds, McCall spontaneously became a pacifist. Referee Mills Lane noticed McCall’s lips quivering before he began to cry. The fight was stopped in the fifth round.Holyfield vs. TysonJune 28, 1997When the washed-up Evander Holyfield was announced as Mike Tyson’s next opponent after Tyson had secured his second title belt on the way to unification, the opening odds for their November 1996 match made Holyfield a 25-to-1 underdog. The referee stopped the fight in the 11th round after Tyson was sent stumbling into the ropes. A rematch, which drew enormous interest, took place the following year. Holyfield quickly proved to both the world and Tyson that his first victory hadn’t been a fluke. And Tyson’s response became the defining moment of his career. With 39 seconds left in the third round, Tyson’s leaned over and tore a chunk of Holyfield’s ear lobe off with his teeth. Before the round was out, he savagely attacked Holyfield again in the same way and was disqualified.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino insists he doesn’t believe he’s the reason why players are committing their futures to the club.English midfielder, Dele Alli became the latest player to sign a new long-term deal on Monday when he agreed terms on a six-year deal to take him through to the summer of 2024.The former MK Dons player joined Harry Kane, Erik Lamela, Heung-min Son, Davinson Sanchez and Harry Winks ad players who have all agreed new contracts over the past few months.Alli revealed Pochettino was the main reason for him agreeing to stay, but the former Southampton manager is keen to stay modest.“They have confidence in me, yes of course. But it is not that they attached to me only,” he said, according to Sky Sports.Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“It is about the club, it is about many things. If I believe Dele or a different player is only going to sign a contract because of me, it is a bad feeling, or I am wrong in my head.”“I think for me the most important thing… I think the club always need to be above the manager, the player.”“You need to feel you are going to play of course but it is about wanting to play for Tottenham.”“You need to play for something that is bigger than a person. It is nice to hear the player say one of the reasons is the manager or the chairman or the new stadium is so exciting.”“I want to hear them say I want to play for Tottenham, to make history, to touch glory with this badge.”
Dan Cohen AUTHOR Officials from Fort Hunter Liggett (FHL) and neighboring communities have signed a series of partnership agreements to leverage each other’s resources and improve services at the installation and the surrounding region near the central California coast.“We already have a history of working with many of these community partners,” said FHL Commander Col. Jan Norris. “These agreements [solidify] our partnerships and give us a platform to further enhance what we can do for each other.”FHL and community partners have been meeting for the last four months to discuss potential partnerships which culminated with a signing ceremony at Hartnell College in King City, reported FHL Public Affairs. Two of the agreements address fire safety and encroachment.FHL will assist the local Fire Safe Council and County Emergency Response Team by providing personnel to conduct fuel reduction activities outside the post. Activities will include clearing existing fire breaks and constructing an escape route for residents.The installation will partner with the Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo to identify parcels outside of FHL that could be protected through conservation easements under the Army’s Compatible Use Buffer Program. The two also will work with landowners to negotiate transactions.Under a partnership under discussion, Mee Memorial Hospital would provide personnel to operate the post’s medical clinic at FHL. Separately, officials have discussed collaborating with the Salinas Valley Solid Waste Authority to supply woody biomass for the new waste-to-energy plant the post is building, FHL spokeswoman Amy Phillips told 360.“What we’ve accomplished in just three meetings, to have almost a dozen contracts to sign, is an amazing feat,” said Charles Lubeshkoff of Marstel Day.Marstel Day’s community partnership teams have helped more than 30 installations engage local leaders to reach partnering agreements with neighboring municipalities. Over the past four years, the environmental planning firm has identified more than 350 potential partnerships and coordinated more than 90 signed agreements for installations and surrounding communities.“We do this by inviting stakeholders to workshops, identifying opportunities for partnerships, and facilitating the partners to transform the good ideas into enduring drafted agreements,” said Charles Bradshaw of Marstel Day.
Free Workshop | August 28: Get Better Engagement and Build Trust With Customers Now This story originally appeared on Reuters 3 min read U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy on Thursday pressed large Internet providers to pledge that they will not strike deals that may help some websites load faster than others or give similar “fast lanes” to affiliated services.As regulators work on new so-called “net neutrality” rules, Leahy wrote to chiefs of AT&T Inc, Verizon Communications Inc, Time Warner Cable Inc and Charter Communications Inc.In his letters, similar to one sent to Comcast Corp on Monday, Leahy asked the leading Internet service providers (ISPs) to formally commit to no so-called “paid prioritization” deals in which content companies could pay Internet providers to ensure smooth and fast delivery of their traffic.The Federal Communications Commission has received 3.9 million comments after it proposed new web traffic rules that would prohibit ISPs from blocking content, but suggested allowing some “commercially reasonable” paid prioritization deals.Large ISPs, including Verizon, Comcast and AT&T, have been asserting that they had no plans for such paid prioritization arrangements and FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler has said he would not tolerate anti-competitive or anti-consumer prioritization deals.Nonetheless, consumer advocates and other critics are concerned that opening the door for paid prioritization, could create “fast lanes” for some content and so relegate other websites and applications to “slow lanes.””These types of arrangements pose a significant threat of dividing the Internet into those who can afford to compete and those who cannot,” Leahy, a Vermont Democrat, wrote in his letters.Comcast has said it was reviewing Leahy’s letter and a Verizon representative did not comment on Thursday. Spokespeople for AT&T, Time Warner Cable and Charter did not immediately have comment.Letters from Leahy, a key lawmaker on antitrust issues, come at a time when the Justice Department and the FCC are reviewing two major merger proposals: a $45 billion deal between Comcast and Time Warner Cable and a $48.5 billion deal between AT&T and satellite TV provider DirecTV.As part of its merger deal, Comcast planned to sell a portion of its subscribers to Charter.Comcast is the only large ISP bound by the 2010 version of net neutrality rules, which discouraged paid prioritization but were struck down in court in January over another issue. Comcast has to continue abiding by those rules until 2018 as a condition of a merger with NBC Universal.(Reporting by Alina Selyukh; Editing by David Gregorio) This hands-on workshop will give you the tools to authentically connect with an increasingly skeptical online audience. October 23, 2014 Enroll Now for Free